Animal Tracks Quiz
1. Which animal does not generally show claw marks in its tracks?
A. Gray Squirrel
B. Mountain Lion
D. River Otter
2. Which animal does not show five toes in its tracks?
C. Black Bear
D. River Otter
3. Which animal does not have webbing on its feet?
B. River otter
D. Polar Bear
4. Which animal does not have four toes on its front feet and five toes on its hind feet?
D. Gray Squirrel
5. Which animal walks with front and hind prints paired side by side?
6. True or False - Cats always show their claws in their tracks.
7. Tracks of these animals are heart-shaped.
D. Wild Turkeys
8. True or false - The tracks of kangaroo rats will always be found near water.
9. Which animalsí tracks commonly show three toes pointing forward and one toe pointing back?
C. Wild Pigs
D. Black Bears
10. The tracks of these animals are very round in overall shape. The front two toes are slightly offset from each other.
D. Mule Deer
11. The outer two toes are larger than the inner two toes in these tracks.
C. Domestic Cat
12. The tracks of the opossum have what unique feature?
A. Long claws
B. Six toes
C. Opposable thumbs
D. Hairy feet
13. Tracks of these playful animals may be interrupted by slides or rolls.
B. River Otters
D. Gray Wolves
14. These animals commonly deposit scat in the middle of trails as a territorial marker.
15. If you find five claw marks on an apple tree trunk and the width of all five marks together is five inches, which animal climbed the tree?
A. Black Bear
B. Gray Squirrel
This wild animal is a descendant of domestic animals brought over by settlers.
A. Wild Turkey
B. Wild Pig
D. All of the above
Click here for the answers.
Find posters, greeting cards, t-shirts, hats, and more in my new store.
Now available: "Animals Don't Cover
Their Tracks - An Introduction to Animal Tracking" on CD! (Version 3.0)
New drawings, more species, more photos, more extensive sections on tracking
humans, more detailed directions for plaster casting, mystery tracks section,
tracking stories section, and more. The CD features over 100 species, including
special bonus sections with the tracks of some African and Australian
animals. A large section on tracking lost people for search and rescue is
included, with over four pages of photos showing the details of tracks and
signs people leave. Easy to use format. This web site is limited
by bandwidth, but the CD-ROM is not. The CD is available in my online store at:
Works with Mac or PC. Happy tracking!!
What else can you find in the nature store? Beartracker's animal tracks coloring book, T-shirts, sweatshirts, journals, book bags, toddler and infant apparel, mouse pads, posters, postcards, coffee mugs, travel mugs, clocks, Frisbees, bumper stickers, hats, stickers, and many more items. All with tracks or paw prints, or nature scenes. Custom products are available. If you don't see the track you want on the product you want, email me and I can probably create it. Proceeds from all sales go to pay the monthly fees for this web site. You can help support this site as well as get great tracking products! Thank you!
|Find other tracking products: www.zazzle.com/tracker8459*|
|Also visit these fine
stores for more products of interest:
NDN Pride shop - For Indian Pride items for all tribes. Custom items available on request.
ASL Signs of Love - For anyone who uses or is learning ASL, American Sign Language. Custom name items and more are available here.
Sales from all stores give commissions to Beartracker's Animal Tracks Den, which helps keep this site online as a free service. We are celebrating ten years online this year!
Got a tracking story? E-mail me and tell me about it.
Back to the Animal Tracks Den
Copyright © 1997-2007. Text and drawings by Kim A. Cabrera